Fancy trying something different for breakfast?
Why not encourage your little one to help you make these tasty breakfast banana pops? They’re healthy and easy to make. All you need are the following ingredients:
- 150ml fat-free plain or flavoured yogurt
- 2 bananas
- 50g breakfast cereal e.g. hoops, rice pops, reduced-sugar granola, cornflakes
- 8 lolly sticks/paper straws or metal/wooden forks
Here’s the simple method for you and your little one to follow:
1. Spoon the yogurt into a bowl.
2. Peel and carefully cut the bananas into quarters.
3. Push the lolly stick/straw/fork into the bottom of the banana pieces.
4. Place the breakfast cereal into a small plastic bag and lightly crush with your hands.
5. Pour the crushed cereal onto a plate or bowl.
6. Dip a banana piece into the yogurt. Roll it around so that it is evenly and thickly coated. Using a spoon might help with this.
7. Roll the coated banana in the crushed cereal.
8. Repeat with the remaining banana pieces.
Eat and enjoy!
Also, if you wanted to make frozen versions, simply freeze for at least an hour.
Happy Banana Popping! From the Family Time Tips Team via Little Owls Community Pre-school
(With thanks to the Food A Fact Of Life website for the recipe and photo)
Category: Little Hoot